2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Long-Term Update 5: Interior Space

I like to take my hair with me when I leave a car, but headroom is sometimes in short supply when you’re nearly 6’5”, as I am. That’s why I’m pleased with the front headroom inside our long-term 2017 Audi A4 2.0T. I just fit inside, which means I don’t need to drive with my head tilted to the side. No one buying a luxury-branded compact sport sedan should expect much in terms of interior space, but some in this expansive class get the job done better than others.

I’ve actually spent time in nearly every car the A4 competes with, and I still appreciate the Audi’s well-rounded appeal. I’d rather have a Cadillac ATS or Jaguar XE on my favorite winding roads, but the back seats of those cars become useless for carrying people if I’m in the front seat. The A4 doesn’t have that problem. In the Audi, the back seats are just good enough that my parents can fit after I apologize for the lack of space. In those other more fun-to-drive sedans, I’d probably park the car and instead take my parents’ more spacious Hyundai Genesis sedan.

Of course, the 2017 A4 is no Camry or Accord, and there’s a tall drivetrain hump that limits functionality for those few owners who might want to squeeze a passenger in the center rear seat. Having vents back there is appreciated, but I wish the backs of the front seats weren’t hard. Soft seatbacks would help a taller rear-seat passenger even more than the space Audi has carved out of the seatbacks to allow for a tad more kneeroom. At least rear-seat passengers benefit from extra foot space under the front seats, where, as a fun bonus, the car’s customizable ambient lighting system illuminates.

Our A4 doesn’t have a power-operated trunk, but pull the trunk lever, and the lid rises all the way up. Cool. You’ll actually have to close the trunk yourself, but the A4 includes interior trunk handle/pulls on the left and right sides. This is no sensible midsize sedan, but that’s true about others in the A4’s class, too. Considering that many competitors are just as small inside, the Audi’s interior packaging gets a passing grade.

Read more about our 2017 Audi A4 2.0T:

The post 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Long-Term Update 5: Interior Space appeared first on Motor Trend.



from Motor Trend http://ift.tt/2zDq3aT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire