2018 Infiniti Q60S 3.0t Long-Term Update 1: Solving a Seating-Position Issue

Well, coupe life has already started messing with my less than limber Gen X body. I like to sit very close to the steering wheel when I can. Having the seat so far forward is not a problem so much when exiting the Q60, but when I get in I have to squeeze in one leg at a time and kind of fall into the seat. For a few weeks I didn’t give it much thought, but then I noticed I felt some pain in my right leg. I hypothesized I had bruised the thigh while squeezing my frame into the seat and dropping down. Around this time I had to vacate the Q60 for a few weeks, briefly hopping back into my previous long-termer, the Subaru Legacy, and I noticed the pain subsided.

To reconcile my unorthodox sitting position with the space realities of the Q60, I set up two driver’s seat presets, one each for entry and driving. When I exit the vehicle, I hit preset No. 2, which slides the seat away and down from the steering wheel and gives me more room to maneuver while exiting and entering the vehicle. No more squeezing my leg against the wheel and the seat trying to pour myself into position. Once seated I hit preset No. 1, and that sets me into my preferred up-close driving position.

To be clear, I’m not 100 percent sure the Infiniti is what inflicted the pain in my leg, but my method works nonetheless to ease entry to and exit from the vehicle.

I just hope the electric motors can stand up to what is certainly more action than Infiniti planned with the seat adjustment presets. But you gotta use all tools available to you when solving a problem, right?

Leg pain aside, I’m really starting to explore all that Infiniti’s sport coupe has to offer, including all the inner workings of cabin and the different drive modes. Still not a lead foot, but I’m noticing I don’t think twice about making a pass any longer. Perhaps it’s growing on me.

Read more about our long-term 2018 Infiniti Q60S 3.0t:

The post 2018 Infiniti Q60S 3.0t Long-Term Update 1: Solving a Seating-Position Issue appeared first on Motor Trend.



from Motor Trend https://ift.tt/2JZgqJ2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire