2017 Subaru Legacy Sport Long-Term Update 3: Questions and Answers

In the last update, I asked you what you wanted to know about the Legacy. Here’s what you wondered about, plus the answers.

Damn! Coming in hot with this question. Why does anything exist? Maybe Jonny Lieberman can help you with that as he majored in philosophy. He’s like our Dalton from Road House, minus the fighting skills and ability to save an entire town from an evil millionaire. The second part of that question is easy. Some people don’t want to drive a larger vehicle. Others might be turned off by the cost it takes to fill the tank, and some might not like the way they look.

So, @AndrewsKenneth maybe you should ask yourself the tough questions first, and only when you’ve come to an understanding of why you exist should you then ask why others exist. We await your enlightened response. But to answer your question: There is still a market for sedans, and Subaru would like some of that cash.

I tried out a few parking curbs around the office and on the way home. Happily, I can report the Subie cleared every one. I liked this question because besides the obvious damage the scraping does, it also creates all kinds of low-level stress. It causes you to drive tenderly around any sized dip in the road and puts you on edge waiting for it to happen again when parking. Sure, the annoyance isn’t severe, but it puts you in a bad mood every time it happens, and you end up resenting the car. It seem trivial, but knowing this before you buy a car might be a good tiebreaker.

@zhardy4 wants to know if the Legacy passes the “picking up in-laws and their luggage at the airport test.” Because I like to think positively, I say we make this the taking the in-laws and their luggage to the airport test.”

The passenger portion of the “test” is easy. Yes. It’s very simple. In fact, if you’re willing to get a little close—and c’mon, we’re all family here—an adult can sit between the two passengers in the back seat comfortably and safely. As for luggage, unless your relatives are hightailing it out of the country with all their worldly possessions, you should have no trouble sending them back to where they belong with three suitcases … which is anywhere but your house #amiright?

John Harris emails “I’m almost 70 years old and would like to know that I can get out of the driver’s seat without calling the local rescue squad.”

John, I’m sure the rescue squad appreciates that. Those adrenaline junkies don’t want to waste their time with easy rescues when what they really want is to use the Jaws of Life every chance they get.

This is one of the bigger things I look for on a test drive. How easy is the in and out? When you have to fall into your seat because it sits too low and then later you need to hoist yourself out, it makes a day of errands torture and ends up making you dread driving your car. Anything that makes you dread driving is the sworn enemy of us here at Motor Trend.

Now sir, I’m nowhere near a septuagenarian (cue my laughing co-workers), but I can report getting into and exiting the vehicle is pretty easy. No contortions or controlled falls while loading myself and no Olympic feats of upper body strength to pull myself out. So, for me, it hits the sweet spot of ingress and egress.

I sincerely thank you for all your questions, gang. Keep ’em coming, and I’ll try to answer as many as I can in the coming updates.

READ MORE ABOUT OUR 2017 SUBARU LEGACY SPORT:

The post 2017 Subaru Legacy Sport Long-Term Update 3: Questions and Answers appeared first on Motor Trend.



from Motor Trend http://ift.tt/2wovgP7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire